Have you bought a pre-owned restaurant, or are you remodeling one that you already own? If you are wanting a ranch atmosphere, there are some steps that you can take that will make it unique and attractive.
The Inside - Have you seen those old western movies that depict ranch-style houses and Mexican cantinas? One thing for you to consider is to use some ideas from those movies. A fun twist is to combine contemporary decor with that rustic look. Consider using long wooden plank tables, but instead of the familiar benches that usually accompany them, use metal bistro chairs in bright colors. If you do opt for wooden chairs, consider bright red ones which will make the room really pop. Continuing in the feeling of ranch combined with modern touches, Large framed movie posters would be great! Some to consider are Crocodile Dundee, Rango, Appaloosa, True Grit, and Once Upon A Time In The West.
The Outside - Don't worry too much if the front of your restaurant needs painting, as that may add to the ranch mood. However, if you don't want a rustic look, consider using the same theme as you are using inside, a rustic look mixed with contemporary touches. One idea is to have a mural painted on the front of your restaurant that depicts horses, an old train, and a stagecoach. The twist is to also incorporate motorcycles, eighteen-wheelers, and fancy sports cars, with a modern jet flying over the entire scene.
The Roof - Choose a tin roof! A tin roof from a place like Van Doorn Roofing Inc would be perfect for a barbecue restaurant that is mixing traditional decor with a contemporary one. There are great benefits to having a tin roof, too.
- Tin roofs are very durable, as they withstand high winds and heavy rains. They are also resistant to rot, mildew, and fire. Insects don't stand a chance!
- They are lightweight, weighing from about 50 to 150 pounds per square foot.
- You'll definitely save on energy costs because metal reflects heat.
- Contractors can make the job go fast, as tin roofs are easy to install.
- One of the fun pluses about having a tin roof is that, during a rain shower, your guests will be serenaded by nature.
- When you get bids from different roofing companies, get everything in writing, including the warranty and other guarantees. Of course, you'll want beginning and ending dates, and the cost of the job. Make sure that there aren't any hidden costs.
Have fun remodeling your restaurant!