The design of your landscaping is essential to give you usable outdoor space and protect your home. Good landscaping will keep pests away, reduce water problems, and provide you with outdoor living space your family can use. The following landscaping improvements are some of the solutions that you will want to consider for your home.
Hardscaping surfaces for landscaping designs
There are a lot of different surfaces in landscaping and the outdoor spaces around your home. These surfaces are hardscaping, and you want to choose other solutions to give your hardscaping a custom design. The hardscaping surfaces that you can use include:
- Durable stamped concrete for driveways and sidewalks
- Acid staining to create attractive surfaces for outdoor living space
- Pavers to create surfaces for garden paths and other outdoor surfaces
These hardscaping surfaces will help give your landscaping a custom design and outdoor living spaces unique flooring solutions.
Landscaping drainage systems to reduce runoff problems
The drainage and watershed of landscaping are also important to create more usable outdoor spaces and protect your foundation from water issues. The following landscaping drainage solutions are some of the improvements to consider for your property:
- Improvements to soil elevations and drain canals
- Using curbing for landscaping edging to improve drainage
- Installing dedicated landscaping drainpipes for better drainage
It is crucial that your landscaping has good drainage to protect your home and prevent problems with runoff.
Using hardscaping to create practical outdoor spaces in landscaping
The hardscaping can also be used in many other ways to create practical outdoor spaces. There are different ways that the hardscaping can be used to improve your landscaping design, which include:
- Retaining walls to create more useable space
- Hardscaping paths and surfaces for fire breaks
- Curbing for edging to improve drainage in landscaping
- Planters built into hardscaping for water features, storage, and more
These are the different ways that hardscaping can be used in landscaping to create more functional outdoor spaces.
Choosing the right turf and plants for your landscaping design makeover
There may also be areas where you want to have a green lawn, and today, there are a lot of options for the turf, which include:
- Natural hardy grass species for turf
- Artificial turf that is comfortable and natural-looking
- Waterless landscaping ground covers with porous pavements
These are some of the turf options to choose from for the lawn areas of your landscaping design. In addition to the grass, you also want to consider options like waterless landscaping design or plants that are hardy and withstand the weather in the climate where you live.
These landscaping improvements will help improve the design of your outdoor spaces and protect your home from damage. Call a landscaping service and talk to them about these solutions for your outdoor space.